Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The worst place I have ever stayed.

After being welcomed to our room by a family of dead giant cockroaches, it wasn't a good start. The toilet seat was so badly cracked that it was dangerous unless you hovered. There were tiles falling off the sink splashback that had to be put back on every time you used the sink. There were long black hairs all through the room including on all the blankets, thankfully I brought my own. Generally the room needed a good clean, my feet were black from walking barefoot for about an hour.

There was no smoke alarm anywhere in the room which I'm sure is totally illegal. And to cap it off there were drunk idiots staying next door who ended up bashing on our door at 1am cause they couldn't find their room. This woke me and my kids up and we were all really freaked out and got no sleep at all. I will never, ever stay there again, and I will never recommend it to anyone. When it was a family run tourist park it was so much better, this was such a dissapointment.

The Entrance is a beautiful place with many things to do. The beaches are gorgeous and the restaurants are fantastic. The tourist information centre is great if you're stuck for ideas on what to do.

Book El Lago Waters Resort and Tourist/Caravan park., or The Entrance Accommodation and Hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment